September is National Honey Month. It’s the perfect time to stock up on this amazing gift from those busy bees. Not only is it a delightful sweeter, it has benefits for both your insides and your outsides.
I have to admit that I always have lots and lots of honey on hand. Whenever I’m at a farm market or craft fair (which, as you may know, I go to rather frequently), I always look for a person selling honey and pick some up. I always try to buy honey from apiarists, not from the grocery store. Some store honeys are not completely honey and have sugar added or are so over processed that their benefits are removed. So sticking with local bee keepers is a better option. Raw honey is the best, but look for honey that’s less processed for the best results.
The benefits of honey seem almost endless.
- Raw honey contains phenolic compounds which provide antioxidants.
- It’s nutritious! It contains a wide variety of vitamins, phytonutrients, minerals, and amino acids.
- It contains antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that soothe burns, scrapes, and wounds.
- A spoonful of honey helps suppress coughs.
- It’s a great moisturizer!
- Can help with soothe Acid Reflux and digestive issues.
- And more!